[3.0.4] gnutls_register_md5_handler defined in gnutls/extra.h but not present in gnutls-extra

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Sat Oct 15 20:03:16 CEST 2011

On 10/15/2011 01:47 PM, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> On 2011-10-15 Andreas Metzler<ametzler at downhill.at.eu.org>  wrote:
>> 3.0.4 drops gnutls_register_md5_handler from libgnutls-extra.so, it is

I removed it because the function would serve no purpose under nettle. I
forgot about bumping the gnutls-extra version though. This might require
a bug-fix release, but I doubt if it is of any use.

>> still present in the header file and .map.
> FWIW I have decided to stop shipping libgnutls-extra 3.0 in Debian,
> there really is no point as long it is an empty shell. (Once it
> provides functionality again it will be added back of course)

I think gnutls-extra has served its purpose and it is no longer useful.
I have no plans to revive it with new features, so if Simon also agrees
it might as well be dropped from gnutls.