about PKCS11

Vincent Torri vincent.torri at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 19:05:49 CEST 2011

Hey,

I recently tried to use nettle instead of libgcrypt. Now, the configure
script asks for another dependency : p11-kit. Note also that I don't know
much about cryptography.

I'm building packages for Windows, using mingw-w64 and p11-kit needs another
dependency : pthread. I know that pthread-win32 exists for x86 but not for
x86_64. In addition, according to wikipedia, PKCS11 API on Windows exists:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptographic_Application_Programming_Interface
.

if that Windows API is not used in gnutls (I don't see anything about it in
configure options), I would like to know which problems i could encounter if
I disable p11-kit support for gnutls

thank you

Vincent Torri