[sr #107896] gnutls 3.0.8 fails to compile with clang

Elias Pipping INVALID.NOREPLY at gnu.org
Wed Nov 30 13:38:30 CET 2011

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: None

Details:

Earlier versions worked. (My theory for) the reason this version does not
work
for:

gl/argp-parse.c uses alignof(); for that, <stdalign.h> is included. a usable
stdalign.h is also shipped with gnutls for use with compilers that don't
come with such a header yet.

clang does have such a header but it only defines alignas(), not alignof().

here is the actual error:

argp-parse.c:490:41: error: expected expression
  csum = alignto (gsum + clen, alignof (struct option));
                                        ^

And this is what /usr/lib64/clang/3.1/include/stdalign.h contains for me
(aside from the copyright header and the include guards):

#define alignas _Alignas
#define __alignas_is_defined 1

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?107896>