[libvirt] failure to build on rawhide

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Mon May 23 16:48:38 CEST 2011

>> Try gnutls_priority_set.  What did you use
>> gnutls_certificate_type_set_priority for?  It is rare to really
>> need it, a call to gnutls_set_default_priority() is usually
>> sufficient.
> Agreed, our current use of gnutls_certificate_type_set_priority is
> bogus and can/should be removed, leaving just set_default_priority
> calls.

If you expect random (other than gnutls/openssl/nss) TLS implementations
to connect to you (or you plan to connect to them), then the
set_default_priority() might not be enough. I tried to sketch the
reasons at:
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/manual/html_node/Compatibility-Issues.html#Compatibility-Issues

In those cases you might want to have some options configurable.