gnutls 2.99.x ships ships gnulib without error.h.

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Sat May 21 12:26:10 CEST 2011

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <nmav at gnutls.org> writes:

> On 05/21/2011 09:48 AM, Simon Josefsson wrote:
>
>>> This update reintroduces the problem with memxor. Could we avoid being
>>> it used at all?
>> I added gnulib override files, so we patch the memxor code (and the
>> valgrind check) during each gnulib import.  The code is only used in
>> libgnutls-extra.so, so it seems harmless -- and it can be useful if you
>> are on a system with libgcrypt in FIPS mode...
>
> Thanks. Btw. the new valgrind.m4 adds the --leak-check=full. This makes
> test programs to fail due to leaks in used libraries (pkcs11, libgcrypt
> leak by design). Due to that however I've found a leak in libnettle, but
> it might be better not to have it by default.

I removed it, but we could consider re-enabling it.  To work around
leaks in external parts, just add to ~/.valgrindrc:

--suppressions=/home/jas/src/gnutls/tests/libgcrypt.supp

If some pkcs11 library introduces memory leaks, you could write a
suppressions file for it too, and use it like that.  The libgcrypt.supp
file should silence the libgcrypt memory leak complaint.

However maybe valgrind --leak-check=full shouldn't be used by default.
Or valgrind at all.  It is mostly useful for developers.