roadmap for 3.0.0

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Thu Jun 9 11:44:44 CEST 2011

2011/6/8 Ted Zlatanov <tzz at lifelogs.com>:
> On Wed, 8 Jun 2011 13:22:39 +0200 Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <n.mavrogiannopoulos at gmail.com> wrote:
> NM>  The last commit by Stef Walter concludes the list of changes I
> NM> planned for gnutls 3.0.0. Those in brief were:
> NM> * Addition of a simple X.509 certificate verification subsystem
> NM> (gnutls_x509_trust_list_*)
> NM> * Addition of a certificate retrieval function that requires no
> NM> processing from gnutls (gnutls_certificate_set_retrieve_function2())
> These will be appreciated for the Emacs GnuTLS interface.

If you have any comments on their usage, or think something is missing
let me know.

> I would like to repeat my request for a string-based configuration
> system.  Take the priority strings and extend them further, since almost
> everything in GnuTLS can be configured that way.  You'll need a decent
> parser and it may end up as a multi-line format, but please consider
> that it's useful.

I can see its usefulness in your use-case, but not in a generic case for
a typical C program or library that will not be able to utilized them anyway.
I still believe that something like that should be built on top of gnutls.