2.11.6 resume test fails on powerpc s390 and sparc

Dr. David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Sun Feb 20 23:31:05 CET 2011

On 02/20/11 07:06 PM, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> On 2011-02-20 Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos<nmav at gnutls.org>  wrote:
>> On 02/20/2011 09:35 AM, Andreas Metzler wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have uploaded 2.11.6 to debian/experimental to get some test
>>> builds. It did not go too bad, successful builds on amd64, armel,
>>> i386, ia64 and kfreebsd-*, but the resume test failed on multiple
>>> archs (powerpc s390 and sparc). The error is reproducible on e.g.
>>> s390.
>
>> I suppose it is an issue with big-endian systems only? Unfortunately
>> I don't have access to any of them... If you or anyone else with access
>> to such system, could locate the error using "git bisect", would be
>> really helpful!

GnuTLS is used in the Sage maths project.

http://www.sagemath.org/

If a developer of GnuTLS needs access to SPARC hardware for testing GnuTLS, then
that can almost certainly be arranged via the University of Washington. Sun
donated a T5240 (16 core) to the project, which can be used for this sort of thing.

Drop me a private email, with a note saying the role you take in GnuTLS
development, and a preferred username, and I should be able to arrange it.

FWIW, I also have access to HP-UX and AIX hardware. That is personally owned by
me, but again others can have access. But due to the power costs, I only run the
HP-UX and AIX systems when someone actually wants to do something, whereas the
SPARC at the University of Washington is on 24/7.

Dave