W32 testsuite results

LRN lrn1986 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 10:12:18 CEST 2011

On 08.04.2011 12:00, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 7:58 AM, Vincent Torri<vincent.torri at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>>> Does this in configure.ac cause a problem in windows?
>>> -if test -d tests/suite;then
>>> -AC_CONFIG_FILES([tests/suite/Makefile])
>>> -fi
>>> We use it to run extra tests on the git branch. Is test
>>> the problem?
>> It's not the correct way to do what you want . Do that instead:
>> AM_CONDITIONAL([WANT_TEST_SUITE], [test -d tests/suite])
>> and in tests/Makefile.am, remove 'suite' from SUBDIRS and add:
>> if WANT_TEST_SUITE
>> SUBDIRS += suite
>> endif
> The problem is that I don't want to distribute that directory. If I use
> this approach the directory is being included in the distribution.

The problem is that you should make this conditional.
WANT_TEST_SUITE automake conditional variable will be TRUE if
tests/suite exists and FALSE otherwise.
Then while processing Makefile.am Automake will add 'suite' to the list
of subdirs if it exists and will not add it otherwise.
You'd also need to put AC_CONFIG_FILES into

AM_COND_IF([WANT_TEST_SUITE],
                 [AC_CONFIG_FILES([tests/suite/Makefile])])

Well, that's my theory anyway.