gnutls 2.12.1 won't build for me on OS X

David Reiser dbreiser at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 20:54:28 CEST 2011

On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 5:47 PM, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <nmav at gnutls.org>wrote:

> On 04/02/2011 05:42 PM, David Reiser wrote:
> > Under 'Making all in examples' the build quits a little later with:
> >   CCLD   ex-cert-select
> > libtool: link: warning: `-no-install' is ignored for
> i386-apple-darwin10.7.0
> > libtool: link: warning: assuming `-no-fast-install' instead
> > libtool: link: warning: library `/sw/lib/libgmp.la' was moved.
> > ld: duplicate symbol _main in
> ./.libs/libexamples.a(ex-cert-select-pkcs11.o) and ex-cert-select.o
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > make[4]: *** [ex-cert-select] Error 1
>
> Thanks for reporting that. I've committed a fix.
>
> > And while I'm here, if nettle is replacing libgcrypt, why does
> lib/nettle/init.c still #include <gcrypt.h>?
>
> It shouldn't have been there. I've removed that. Apart from these
> did you have any issues using gnutls 2.12 in OSX?
>
> regards,
> Nikos

Those changes did allow 2.12.1+ to build for me. I found a packaging problem
I created in nettle trying to build nettle as shared libraries. I think I
have that one fixed. Gnutls with the mods seems to work for me with https
connections (via gwenhywfar for connections to bank data streams). I'm
trying to get some friends at fink to test my packaging more thoroughly with
some other packages. But so far it looks good.

Thanks for the fixes.

--
Dave Reiser
dbreiser at gmail.com