W32 testsuite results

LRN lrn1986 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 20:17:17 CEST 2011

On 06.04.2011 2:16, LRN wrote:
> On 05.04.2011 23:08, LRN wrote:

>>> I think I'll switch it to gnutls_transport_set_errno(), fix and
>>> deprecate the set_global_errno() function. I don't see any point
>>> in it as a function.
>> How do you access a session object in pull function?
> Anyway, i've fixed it in my local copy (patch is attached; since i
> don't know how to access session in pull(), my patch is a bit crude)
>
> FAIL: hostname-check.exe
> FAIL: chainverify.exe
> FAIL: pgps2kgnu.exe
> FAIL: testdsa
> FAIL: testselfsigs
>
> Obviously, the improvement is considerable. Half of safe-renegotiation
> tests failed previously, now they all pass. Mini and its variants all
> pass.
>
> hostname check might fail because
> function_to_get_host_by_ip(127.0.0.1) != "localhost" (known winsock bug).
>
> chainverify fails because 2 certificates have expired in January 2011.
> A patch fixes that (although it would be better to get some new
> certificates for this test, no?)
>
> pgps2kgnu fails because of unexplainable (and quiet!) strstr() failure
> in armor_decode:
>
> I have no explanation whatsoever. Gnulib does not override this
> function, it is imported from msvcrt.
> mbsstr works correctly (at least when called from gdb). Also, gnulib
> warns about strstr() not working with multibyte charsets. This is not
> the case here, but makes me wonder. I'll dig further.

The newest batch of patches (no pun intended) is attached.
Fixes:

hostname-check - as a side-effect of fixing pgps2kgnu, i think

test-binary-io - as i have thought, it's a libtool wrapper bug: instead
of exec()'ing it spawnv()'s its child, and because of that it keeps
sitting on top of stdout FD, blocking it, which prevents its child from
stat()'ing it later to get its size. Hacking the script to run
.libs/test-binary-io.exe instead solves the problem

pgps2kgnu - armor.c had a weird notion that on Windows all text files
have CRLF EOLs, while on other systems all files have LF EOLs, no
exceptions. Obviously this is not the case in objective reality (you can
get certificates from wide variety of sources, some of them originate
from different OSes), particularly in this testcase (in which the
certificate has only LF EOLs). I've modified the code to try to match an
empty line to both \n and \r\n. Also modified it to strip (when
stripping EOLs) \n first, and then strip \r if it is present.
It should be noted that gdb lied about the string contents. I've been
able to find the source of the problem only by inserting debug logging
statements all over the place. Never trust gdb! :)

testselfsigs - Probably I/O-related. Running certtool with --infile
"filename" appears to be working, while running with <"filename" fails
(certtool.exe: import error: The scanning of a large integer has
failed). I've fixed the test script to use --infile (much easier than
hacking the source yet again to be able to debug it with gdb while
feeding data from stdin; might be related to the way msys does its piping).

Now the only problem left is:
FAIL: testdsa
still hangs. Not sure why, too complex for me to debug. Logs are attached.