W32 testsuite results

LRN lrn1986 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 18:01:12 CEST 2011

On 04.04.2011 18:15, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
> On 04/04/2011 03:04 AM, LRN wrote:
>> Does anyone have testsuite (make -k check) results for gnutls-2.12.1 on
>> W32 (i would prefer native W32, but the ones from Wine are better than
>> nothing at all)? Built against libgcrypt.
>> I'm building gnutls myself (with some minor patches) and i'm not sure
>> whether my mixed testsuite results are expected (known bugs or unported
>> features) or not (i broke something).
> Not me. Which tests failed? Do gnutls-cli and gnutls-serv operate?

make[7]: Entering directory `/f/src/for-mingwmsys/gnutls/bld/lib/gl/tests'
PASS: test-alloca-opt.exe
FAIL: test-binary-io.sh
PASS: test-byteswap.exe
PASS: test-c-ctype.exe
PASS: test-errno.exe
PASS: test-fcntl-h.exe
PASS: test-fseeko.sh
PASS: test-fseeko2.sh
PASS: test-ftello.sh
PASS: test-ftello2.sh
PASS: test-ftello3.exe
PASS: test-func.exe
PASS: test-memchr.exe
PASS: test-netdb.exe
PASS: test-read-file.exe
PASS: test-snprintf.exe
PASS: test-sockets.exe
PASS: test-stdbool.exe
PASS: test-stddef.exe
PASS: test-stdint.exe
PASS: test-stdio.exe
PASS: test-stdlib.exe
PASS: test-string.exe
PASS: test-strings.exe
PASS: test-strverscmp.exe
PASS: test-sys_socket.exe
PASS: test-sys_stat.exe
PASS: test-time.exe
PASS: test-unistd.exe
PASS: test-vasnprintf.exe
PASS: test-vasprintf.exe
PASS: test-verify.exe
PASS: test-verify.sh
PASS: test-vsnprintf.exe
===================================
1 of 34 tests failed
Please report to bug-gnutls at gnu.org
===================================

make[6]: Entering directory `/f/src/for-mingwmsys/gnutls/bld/gl/tests'
PASS: test-alignof.exe
PASS: test-alloca-opt.exe
PASS: test-arpa_inet.exe
FAIL: test-binary-io.sh
PASS: test-c-ctype.exe
PASS: test-errno.exe
PASS: test-fcntl-h.exe
PASS: test-fseeko.sh
PASS: test-fseeko2.sh
PASS: test-ftello.sh
PASS: test-ftello2.sh
PASS: test-ftello3.exe
PASS: test-getaddrinfo.exe
PASS: test-getdelim.exe
PASS: test-getline.exe
PASS: test-gettimeofday.exe
PASS: test-inet_ntop.exe
PASS: test-inet_pton.exe
PASS: test-lseek.sh
PASS: test-memchr.exe
PASS: test-netdb.exe
PASS: test-netinet_in.exe
PASS: test-perror.sh
PASS: test-pipe.exe
PASS: test-read-file.exe
Unconnected socket test... passed
Connected sockets test... passed
General socket test with fork... passed
Pipe test... passed
PASS: test-select.exe
PASS: test-select-in.sh
PASS: test-select-out.sh
PASS: test-snprintf.exe
PASS: test-sockets.exe
PASS: test-stdbool.exe
PASS: test-stddef.exe
PASS: test-stdint.exe
PASS: test-stdio.exe
PASS: test-stdlib.exe
PASS: test-strerror.exe
PASS: test-string.exe
PASS: test-sys_ioctl.exe
PASS: test-sys_select.exe
PASS: test-sys_socket.exe
PASS: test-sys_stat.exe
PASS: test-sys_time.exe
PASS: test-time.exe
PASS: test-unistd.exe
PASS: test-update-copyright.sh
PASS: test-vasnprintf.exe
PASS: test-vc-list-files-git.sh
PASS: test-vc-list-files-cvs.sh
PASS: test-verify.exe
PASS: test-verify.sh
PASS: test-version-etc.sh
===================================
1 of 51 tests failed
Please report to bug-gnutls at gnu.org
===================================

make[3]: Entering directory `/f/src/for-mingwmsys/gnutls/bld/tests'
Self test `f:/src/for-mingwmsys/gnutls/bld/tests/.libs/simple.exe'
finished with 0 errors
PASS: simple.exe
Self test `f:/src/for-mingwmsys/gnutls/bld/tests/.libs/gc.exe' finished
with 0 errors
PASS: gc.exe
Self test
`f:/src/for-mingwmsys/gnutls/bld/tests/.libs/set_pkcs12_cred.exe'
finished with 0 errors
PASS: set_pkcs12_cred.exe
Self test `f:/src/for-mingwmsys/gnutls/bld/tests/.libs/certder.exe'
finished with 0 errors
PASS: certder.exe
Self test `f:/src/for-mingwmsys/gnutls/bld/tests/.libs/certuniqueid.exe'
finished with 0 errors
PASS: certuniqueid.exe
mpi ops ok
Self test `f:/src/for-mingwmsys/gnutls/bld/tests/.libs/mpi.exe' finished
with 0 errors
PASS: mpi.exe
PASS: certificate_set_x509_crl.exe
Self test `f:/src/for-mingwmsys/gnutls/bld/tests/.libs/dn.exe' finished
with 0 errors
PASS: dn.exe
Self test `f:/src/for-mingwmsys/gnutls/bld/tests/.libs/parse_ca.exe'
finished with 0 errors
PASS: parse_ca.exe
Self test `f:/src/for-mingwmsys/gnutls/bld/tests/.libs/moredn.exe'
finished with 0 errors
PASS: moredn.exe
rng registered ok
Self test `f:/src/for-mingwmsys/gnutls/bld/tests/.libs/crypto_rng.exe'
finished with 0 errors
PASS: crypto_rng.exe
Self test `f:/src/for-mingwmsys/gnutls/bld/tests/.libs/mini.exe'
finished with 2 errors
server: error: The specified session has been invalidated for some reason.
client: Error: The specified session has been invalidated for some reason.
FAIL: mini.exe
Self test
`f:/src/for-mingwmsys/gnutls/bld/tests/.libs/hostname-check.exe'
finished with 2 errors
gnutls_openpgp_crt_import: -59
Hostname incorrectly does not match (0)
FAIL: hostname-check.exe
PASS: cve-2008-4989.exe
Self test `f:/src/for-mingwmsys/gnutls/bld/tests/.libs/pkcs12_s2k.exe'
finished with 0 errors
PASS: pkcs12_s2k.exe
chain[cacertrsamd5 ok]: verify_status: 1026 expected: 0
FAIL: chainverify.exe
Self test `f:/src/for-mingwmsys/gnutls/bld/tests/.libs/crq_key_id.exe'
finished with 0 errors
PASS: crq_key_id.exe
Self test
`f:/src/for-mingwmsys/gnutls/bld/tests/.libs/x509sign-verify.exe'
finished with 0 errors
PASS: x509sign-verify.exe
PASS: cve-2009-1415.exe
success!
PASS: cve-2009-1416.exe
Self test `f:/src/for-mingwmsys/gnutls/bld/tests/.libs/crq_apis.exe'
finished with 0 errors
PASS: crq_apis.exe
Self test
`f:/src/for-mingwmsys/gnutls/bld/tests/.libs/init_roundtrip.exe'
finished with 0 errors
PASS: init_roundtrip.exe
PASS: pkcs12_s2k_pem.exe
Self test `f:/src/for-mingwmsys/gnutls/bld/tests/.libs/dn2.exe' finished
with 0 errors
PASS: dn2.exe
Self test `f:/src/for-mingwmsys/gnutls/bld/tests/.libs/mini-eagain.exe'
finished with 1 errors
server: error: The specified session has been invalidated for some reason.
FAIL: mini-eagain.exe
Self test
`f:/src/for-mingwmsys/gnutls/bld/tests/.libs/nul-in-x509-names.exe'
finished with 0 errors
PASS: nul-in-x509-names.exe
Self test `f:/src/for-mingwmsys/gnutls/bld/tests/.libs/x509_altname.exe'
finished with 0 errors
PASS: x509_altname.exe
Self test
`f:/src/for-mingwmsys/gnutls/bld/tests/.libs/pkcs12_encode.exe' finished
with 0 errors
PASS: pkcs12_encode.exe
FAIL: mini-x509.exe

way.
FAIL: mini-x509-rehandshake.exe
SKIP: rng-fork.exe
Self test `f:/src/for-mingwmsys/gnutls/bld/tests/.libs/openssl.exe'
finished with 0 errors
PASS: openssl.exe
SKIP: openpgp-auth.exe
Self test
`f:/src/for-mingwmsys/gnutls/bld/tests/.libs/openpgp-keyring.exe'
finished with 0 errors
PASS: openpgp-keyring.exe
gnutls_openpgp_privkey_import rc -59: GnuTLS internal error.
FAIL: pgps2kgnu.exe
PASS: rfc2253-escape-test
===================================
7 of 34 tests failed
(2 tests were not run)
Please report to bug-gnutls at gnu.org
===================================

make[3]: Entering directory
`/f/src/for-mingwmsys/gnutls/bld/tests/rsa-md5-collision'
     Verification output: Not verified, Insecure algorithm.
Chain verification output: Not verified, Insecure algorithm.
     Verification output: Not verified, Insecure algorithm.
Chain verification output: Not verified, Insecure algorithm.
PASS: rsa-md5-collision
=============
1 test passed
=============

make[3]: Entering directory
`/f/src/for-mingwmsys/gnutls/bld/tests/pkcs1-padding'
./pkcs1-pad: line 28: datefudge: command not found
Cannot fake timestamps, please install datefudge...
SKIP: pkcs1-pad
====================
All 0 tests passed
(1 test was not run)
====================

make[3]: Entering directory
`/f/src/for-mingwmsys/gnutls/bld/tests/pkcs8-decode'
PKCS8 OK encpkcs8.pem foobar
PKCS8 OK unencpkcs8.pem
PKCS8 OK enc2pkcs8.pem baz
PKCS8 DONE (rc 0)
PASS: pkcs8
=============
1 test passed
=============

make[3]: Entering directory
`/f/src/for-mingwmsys/gnutls/bld/tests/pkcs12-decode'
NEON PKCS12 OK client.p12 foobar
NEON PKCS12 OK noclient.p12
NEON PKCS12 OK unclient.p12
NEON PKCS12 OK pkcs12_2certs.p12
NEON PKCS12 DONE (rc 0)
PASS: pkcs12
=============
1 test passed
=============

make[3]: Entering directory `/f/src/for-mingwmsys/gnutls/bld/tests/userid'
PASS: userid
=============
1 test passed
=============

make[3]: Entering directory `/f/src/for-mingwmsys/gnutls/bld/tests/pathlen'
PASS: pathlen
=============
1 test passed
=============

make[3]: Entering directory `/f/src/for-mingwmsys/gnutls/bld/tests/key-id'
PASS: key-id
=============
1 test passed
=============

make[3]: Entering directory `/f/src/for-mingwmsys/gnutls/bld/tests/sha2'
PASS: sha2
PASS: sha2-dsa
==================
All 2 tests passed
==================

make[3]: Entering directory
`/f/src/for-mingwmsys/gnutls/bld/tests/safe-renegotiation'

way.
|<0>| Session not using safe renegotiation!
FAIL: srn0.exe
PASS: srn1.exe

way.
Client or server not using safe renegotiation extension?
FAIL: srn2.exe
FAIL: srn3.exe

way.
FAIL: srn4.exe

way.
FAIL: srn5.exe
===================================
5 of 6 tests failed
Please report to bug-gnutls at gnu.org
===================================

make[3]: Entering directory `/f/src/for-mingwmsys/gnutls/bld/tests/dsa'
Checking various DSA key sizes
Checking DSA-1024 with TLS 1.0
*** Fatal error: A TLS packet with unexpected length was received.
*** Server has terminated the connection abnormally.
Failure: Failed connection to a server with DSA 1024 key and TLS 1.0!
FAIL: testdsa
===================================
1 of 1 test failed
Please report to bug-gnutls at gnu.org
===================================

make[3]: Entering directory
`/f/src/for-mingwmsys/gnutls/bld/tests/openpgp-certs'
Checking OpenPGP certificate self verification
certtool.exe: import error: The scanning of a large integer has failed.
Failure: Self sig Verification should have succeeded!
certtool.exe: import error: The scanning of a large integer has failed.
Failure: Self sig Verification should have failed!
certtool.exe: import error: The scanning of a large integer has failed.
Failure: Self sig Verification should have failed!
certtool.exe: import error: The scanning of a large integer has failed.
Failure: Self sig Verification should have failed!
FAIL: testselfsigs
===================================
1 of 1 test failed
Please report to bug-gnutls at gnu.org
===================================

I'm blaming test-binary-io.sh on libtool (the test itself, the one in
.libs subdirectory, exits with 0 and writes the right 6-byte string into
stdout, but when it is run by a libtool wrapper, _spawn() returns 3).

Hangs up at "Checking DSA-1024 with TLS 1.0" (or, rather, enters
infinite loop; consumes very little resources though, so it must either
use a timer or some kind of wait function), have to kill the server to
kick it going again (or kill the client. Twice. And then kill the
server, also twice, because it just keeps waiting for a client to connect).

Also, obviously, i've had to skip rng-fork (because it uses fork()) and
openpgp-auth (because it uses socketpair(), and with unix domain sockets
at that!) tests. Other tests had to be patched to NOT to include
#include <sys/wait.h> and some other headers not provided by MinGW.

I've also submitted a bug report about mini.exe (see the bug tracker),
because its cause seemed obvious to me (writes/reads to/from
fd==0xffffffff).