gnutls 2.11.1

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Fri Sep 17 08:42:17 CEST 2010

On 09/15/2010 11:59 AM, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <nmav at gnutls.org> writes:
>
>> On 09/14/2010 11:05 PM, Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis wrote:
>>> When GnuTLS 2.11.1 has been built with support for Nettle, then 1 test fails:
>>> PASS: openpgp-keyring.scm
>>> /bin/sh: line 5: 23938 Segmentation fault      GUILE_AUTO_COMPILE=0 ../../guile/pre-inst-guile -L . ${dir}$tst
>>> FAIL: openpgp-auth.scm
>> [...]
>>> This problem doesn't occur when GnuTLS 2.11.1 has been built with support for libgcrypt.
>>
>> Hello,
>>  I don't use the guile bindings and didn't notice. Ludovic could you
>> help pinpoint what could be the problem there?
>
> Sure.
>
> Arfrever: what version of Guile did you use?  On which platform?
>
> Can you provide a backtrace of the Guile segfault?  You can set ‘ulimit
> -c unlimited’ (or similar) and then run gdb on the core file.

Do the self tests pass on your system? I installed guile and found out
that the tests stop at:

[...]
Making check in tests
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/nmav/cvs/gnutls/guile/tests'
make  check-TESTS
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/nmav/cvs/gnutls/guile/tests'
guile: uncaught throw to gnutls-error: (#<gnutls-error-enum The
Diffie-Hellman prime sent by the server is not acceptable (not long
enough).> handshake)

I have no idea with scheme, but if you could pinpoint which things are
failing on the tests, I could try and see what is wrong.