need help adding GnuTLS support to Emacs

Ted Zlatanov tzz at lifelogs.com
Sat Sep 11 17:04:50 CEST 2010

On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 19:37:26 +0200 Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org> wrote:

SJ> Do you really want to expose this function to elisp?  It is
SJ> thread-unsafe.  It makes more sense if Emacs initialized the GnuTLS
SJ> library on startup instead.

I call gnutls-global-init every time gnutls-boot (the new entry point)
is called.  It keeps track so it won't actally call the C global init
more than once.

Thread safety is not a concern with Emacs currently, but if it was the
global init flag is the only place I would question.  WDYT?

If you and any other GnuTLS developers could take a look at the patch I
just posted and the questions I had, I'd really appreciate it.  I'm very
close to dropping this into the Emacs repo.

Thanks!
Ted