Emacs core TLS support

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen larsi at gnus.org
Fri Sep 10 00:00:56 CEST 2010

Ted Zlatanov <tzz at lifelogs.com> writes:

[...]

>>> +HAVE_GNUTLS=no
>>> +if test "${with_gnutls}" = "yes" ; then
>>> +  PKG_CHECK_MODULES([LIBGNUTLS], [gnutls >= 2.2.4])
>
> AS> Are you sure you want to make gnutls a required dependency of Emacs?

How does this make gnutls a required dependency?  I'm not really very
familiar with the autoconf language, but I thought that this meant that
somebody had said --with-gnutls=yes...

But I think gnutls should be a required dependency.  So much
communication these days require having tsl/ssl functionality that it
seems totally reasonable to me to have that as a requirement.

  larsi at gnus.org * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen