mod_gnutls incorrect cert issued by server

Wayne Connolly wayne.connolly at measanctum.com
Mon Oct 25 09:22:50 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I just tried out mod-gnutls in apache 2.2.12 ubuntu 9.10 because mod-ssl
is not a option (no TLS compiled into our version and no way to get it...)

All went perfect with the exception that one of the https sites always
shows up the wrong cert.

Each 443 vhost is in its very own vhost file because having
'ServerAlias' in the 443 section failed to recognise the ServerAlias
correctly. This is good practice anyway.

So I have one IP - and mod_gnutls enabled and working for 5 of the 5
domains.

It is close to working. I have 4 or the 5 domains working :

Working

    * https://portal.jglinvestments.com.au/
    * https://www.measanctum.com/
    * https://measanctum.com/
    * https://www.wendysmusic.com.au/

Faulty

    * https://wendysmusic.com.au/ <- uses the wrong certificate from
      MeaSanctum.com.

THEN::: The weird thing is that if i put a '0' in front of the vhost
filename 0measanctum.com_SSL 0www.wendysmusic.com.au_SSL then apache
reads the measanctum one first and the above situation is true. However
if I remove the 0 from 0www.wendysmusic.com.au_SSL then the below happens

     * https://wendysmusic.com.au/
     * https://www.wendysmusic.com.au/

Faulty

     * https://measanctum.com/ <- uses the wrong certificate from
*.wendysmusic.com.au.

Before you ask - all cert/docroots/domains have been triple checked by
others and are correct. Why would the order change do this? Any tips?

P.S. This is driving me insane.

--
Kind Regards,

Wayne