[sr #107495] gnutls_bye() blocks on network issues

anonymous INVALID.NOREPLY at gnu.org
Fri Oct 15 09:40:17 CEST 2010

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email: arthur at arthurdejong.org
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: None

Details:

The problem is that when a network problem occurs (a TCP connection is
severed with iptables in this test) GnuTLS blocks on a read() when shutting
down the connection.

This was a problem originally submitted to the nss-pam-ldapd project [0].
This was reported to the OpenLDAP project [1] where it was determined that it
is probably a bug in GnuTLS (the problem is not there when using OpenSSL).

I don't use the GnuTLS API myself so I don't know any details about it. If
you need more info, feel free to ask though.

[0] http://bugs.debian.org/596983
[1] http://www.openldap.org/its/index.cgi?selectid=6673

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?107495>