Nettle as default

Andreas Metzler ametzler at downhill.at.eu.org
Sat Oct 9 15:15:28 CEST 2010

On 2010-10-08 Niels Möller <nisse at lysator.liu.se> wrote:
> Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <nmav at gnutls.org> writes:
[...]
> > Would there be a way to have an LGPL-only nettle

[...]
> Adding a configure option like --enable-lgpl-compatibility has been
> suggested. The meaning would be to include only LGPL-compatible files in
> the built libraries and executables. I have not given the subtle details
> much thought (such as what sonames should be used, and how to keep both
> default nettle and lgpl-compatible variants of libnettle.so on the same
> system). Suggestions are welcome.
[...]

Hello,
How about doing it the GnuTLS way? GnuTLS consists of a of a core LGPL
library (libgnutls) and libgnutls-extra, which only contains the GPL
licensed stuff. Applications which only need the LGPL parts link
against libgnutls, those that require the GPL stuff link against both
libraries.

cu andreas
so grateful to you.'