recommendations for storage of accepted certificates

Ted Zlatanov tzz at lifelogs.com
Fri Oct 1 21:50:36 CEST 2010

I want to store the server certificates that the user accepts.  This is
inside Emacs so I have easy access to file editing and all the other
nifty Emacs Lisp functions.

Can I generate a trust file?  Currently the trust file is the one that
comes with the OS but I could make a user-specific one and copy the OS
trust file contents into the user's.  Or is the trust file only a bundle
of certificate authorities?  I can't find documentation on the format.

Any recommendations are welcome.

Thanks
Ted