Small issue on GnuTLS 2.10.2

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Fri Oct 1 14:44:49 CEST 2010

Vivek Dasmohapatra <vivek at collabora.co.uk> writes:

>>> So it would be great if there were a single gcc warning flag to enable
>>> this particular warning, rather than the heavy handed --pedantic.
>>
>> -Wreturn-type might be the one.
>
> It specifically doesn't warn when you return a void expression in
> a void context, currently only --pedantic does that afaik.

You are right, see below.  I'm looking into how difficult it would be to
fix the --pedantic warnings too, but it does warn about some constructs
(like variadic CPP function macros) that we only use if they work.

jas at mocca:~$ cat foo.c
void foo (void)
{
  return;
}

void bar (void)
{
  return foo ();
}

int main (void)
{
  bar ();
  return 0;
}
jas at mocca:~$ gcc -o foo foo.c -Wreturn-type
jas at mocca:~$