[sr #107533] Proposed changes to README

Jeffrey Walton INVALID.NOREPLY at gnu.org
Mon Nov 22 15:16:32 CET 2010

Follow-up Comment #1, sr #107533 (project gnutls):

>> +To configure libnettle for installation and use by GnuTLS, a typical
>> +command sequence would be:
>> +
>> +    cd nettle-2.1
>> +    ./configure --prefix=/usr --disable-openssl --enable-shared
>> +    make
>> +    sudo make install
>> +
>> +Note that --enable-shared will have automake and friends build and
>> +install both the static archive (libnettle.a) and the shared object
>> +(libnettle.so).
>
> I'm not sure this makes sense in the _GnuTLS_ readme at all.  > Maybe you
could submit this to libnettle?

> Isn't --enable-shared the default?
I don't believe '--enable-shared' is default. After a configure/make/make
install, I was missing the shared object. So I had to RTFM ('configure
--help'). '--disable-openssl' was spotted after RTFM'ing.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?107533>