[sr #107521] Lint encountered during compile

Jeffrey Walton INVALID.NOREPLY at gnu.org
Wed Nov 17 08:56:40 CET 2010

Follow-up Comment #4, sr #107521 (project gnutls):

Hi Simon,

Forgot to mention....

> Fixing these will be a bit of a pain, but we should do it
> since the code is not clean.
When -Wall -Wextra is *not* specified, GnuTLS is effectively saying, "we'll
let GCC pick and choose what warnings are relevant for the project".

GCC does not suffer the project's crashes or vulnerabilities, so GCC should
not be making the decisions.

GnuTLS *should* specify -Wall -Wextra, so the project can decide what
warnings need attention and which can be safely ignored.

Jeff

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?107521>