Tests fail without Valgrind

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Tue Mar 30 22:39:24 CEST 2010

ludo at gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> Which leads to another question: do you receive the build notifications
> from Hydra?  If you do receive them but don’t look at them, how do you
> think they could be improved to be more useful to you?

Can we disable e-mail notifications for coverage failures?

Ideally, I would want notification to work something like this:
designate one platform as the trigger platform.  If building a revision
on that platform fails, send ONE notification, and don't bother send any
more notifications about any failures (possibly it could complain once
per week if the trigger platform is not building for a long time).  If a
revision has been built on the trigger platform, and fails to build on
some other platform, send ONE notification for failures on that
platform, and don't bother send any more notifications for that platform
until it is working.  To be clear, I don't see any point in the
FAILED->SUCCEEDED notifications at all, as long as it complains every
week if some platform is still broken.

Implementation wise, I suspect notification needs to be separated from
the build process to implement complex logic above sufficiently well.
The build process should happen continuously in the background, but the
notification logic runs on the output from that process.

Just some ideas... I hope to find more time to help on build robot
ideas.