gnutls-cli: handle binary data from stdin

Vitaly Mayatskikh v.mayatskih at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 10:59:00 CET 2010

At Wed, 27 Jan 2010 10:31:04 +0100, Simon Josefsson wrote:

> > This trivial patch fixes the problem.
>
> Thanks.  How well have you tested it?

I use it for 5 days now to handle all my email traffic. Besides Google
mail, which supports compression, there's corporate server, which
doesn't support it, so gnutls-cli processes only text there.

>  I'm surprised there aren't more text-oriented assumptions in the
> code.  However I believe we should use getline instead of fgets/read
> to avoid the fixed size buffer.  It should handle binary data
> transparent.

It shouldn't stop reading at any delimiter, like null, CR or LF
characters. Unless I miss something, I don't see the problem with
fixed size buffer, because data sent over network can be split by
network devices anyway.
--
wbr, Vitaly