[sr #107540] iPhone/iPad TLS negotiation to postfix fails with certtool certs, works with openssl certs

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos INVALID.NOREPLY at gnu.org
Sun Dec 5 11:09:03 CET 2010

Follow-up Comment #6, sr #107540 (project gnutls):

Ah, sorry I only read the description and left with the impression that only
the openssl was there. I've checked the certificates and they are exactly the
same except of one thing. The "signature" field of the certificate in certtool
which is an AlgorithmIdentifier does not include the parameters option, since
there are no parameters, while the openssl certificate includes the NULL
encoding. Both are correct, but it seems that client is picky. I'll try to
check if there is an easy patch to generate a key that will use NULL encoding
to try.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?107540>