[sr #107464] Secure Connections on AIX using non blocking socket

Bjørn Christensen bhc at insight.dk
Thu Aug 26 13:31:52 CEST 2010

Hello Nikos

From www.opengroup.org

Upon successful completion, recv() shall return the length of the message in bytes. If no messages are available to be received and the peer has performed an orderly shutdown, recv() shall return 0. Otherwise, -1 shall be returned and errno set to indicate the error

This means that the AIX have a problem.

The specification says that errno should be set when returning -1 from recv. This means that the error can not be fatal.

What happens if I let _gnutls_read return 0 in this case??

Returning GNUTLS_E_AGAIN makes the handshake complete

/bhc