branch master?

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Wed Apr 14 15:34:15 CEST 2010

Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org> writes:

> I'd like to get master in a buildable state and release 2.9.10 as a
> release candidate for 2.10.x before branching.  There is some stuff that
> needs cleaning up before a release (e.g., code indentation, fix
> cross-platform issues), and forward-porting those changes to the next
> devel branch will be quite tedious...

I've pushed several fixes to master now, so we are getting closer...

One of the things I want to clean up was the use of 'int' to specify
data lengths in _some_ of the new crypto APIs:

int gnutls_cipher_encrypt (const gnutls_cipher_hd_t handle,
			   void *text, int textlen);

Some of the new APIs use size_t instead:

int gnutls_hmac (gnutls_hmac_hd_t handle, const void *text, size_t textlen);

I believe all of them should use 'size_t' -- it is the proper type to
use for data lengths in C.  Nikos, what do you think?  I'd appreciate if
you could fix this, but I'll get to it eventually.