doc bug for gnutls_priority_init

Paul Aurich paul at darkrain42.org
Thu Apr 1 06:31:33 CEST 2010

And Paul Aurich spoke on 03/31/2010 07:53 PM, saying:
> The documentation for gnutls_priority_init reads, in part:
>
> 	The priorities option allows you to specify a semi-colon
> 	separated list of the cipher priorities to enable.
>
> However, the examples (and source code) all show *colon*-separated strings.
>  I'm trying to use an environment variable that would let users override
> priorities on a per-host basis, so I'd like to do something like the following:

On a slightly related note (in that it has to do with the same function),
it looks like gnutls_priority_init() doesn't free+NULL the
gnutls_priority_t on error, where various other init functions do
(gnutls_init, gnutls_pkcs12_init, gnutls_x509_crl_init, and maybe more).

Should it do so, or should it be noted in the documentation that callers
must call gnutls_priority_deinit on errors (which I'm going to do in this
code to avoid leaks, but would ideally eventually become a nop)?

Thanks,
~Paul