2.7.12 test suite error on chainverify

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Tue May 26 11:08:36 CEST 2009

Daniel Kahn Gillmor <dkg at fifthhorseman.net> writes:

> On 05/25/2009 04:05 AM, Simon Josefsson wrote:
>> Indeed, that certificate just expired.  I have split the test into two,
>> one that should fail due to an expired certificate, and one with a flag
>> to disable activation time checks that should succeed.  There was
>> another similar one too.
>
> Perhaps the tests could run with something like faketime or datefudge to
> ensure that the date validations are reasonable?

This is kind of tested now, isn't it?  I split the test into two parts:
one that is expected to fail because of an expired cert, and one that is
expected to succeed (because time checks are disabled).

But using datefudge or something similar seems useful for improving the
chain validation test further.