About gnutls windows handshake problem

Ankush Vaid ankush.vaid at tcs.com
Wed May 20 06:43:17 CEST 2009

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the info.

I am developing gnutls client.

I have used gnutls_record_disable_padding function to disbale padding and
log I have sent to you.  later I have used
gnutls_priority_set_direct(session, "NORMAL:%COMPAT", NULL); function but
got the same result.

I will debug client side (UE) by using some diagnostic tool and come back
to you with useful information.

Regards
Ankush Vaid

Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org>
05/19/2009 08:48 PM

Ankush Vaid <ankush.vaid at tcs.com>
cc
Gnutls-dev at gnupg.org
Subject
Re: About gnutls windows handshake problem

Ankush Vaid <ankush.vaid at tcs.com> writes:

> Hi Nikos/Simon
>
> I have implemented disable padding function, but after that it also got
> failed, I guess reason of failure is something else.
>
> I am sending the log details of the failure.
> C:\Program Files\GnuTLS-2.0.0\bin>gnutls-serv --http --port 7070 --debug

> 10 --x5
> 09cafile cacert.pem --x509keyfile server-key.pem --x509certfile
> server-cert.pem

I don't see any --priority NORMAL:%COMPAT parameter here?  Are you
developing a GnI am
> |<4>| REC[ac33d8]: Received Packet[1] Alert(21) with length: 2
> |<7>| READ: Got 2 bytes from 20
> |<7>| READ: read 2 bytes from 20
> |<7>| 0000 - 02 28
> |<7>| RB: Have 5 bytes into buffer. Adding 2 bytes.
> |<7>| RB: Requested 7 bytes
> |<4>| REC[ac33d8]: Decrypted Packet[1] Alert(21) with length: 2
> |<4>| REC[ac33d8]: Alert[2|40] - Handshake failed - was received

This means the client refused to handshake with the gnutls-serv
instance.

What kind of error message do you get on the client side?  I think you
need to debug the client side to understand what the problem is.  Enable
debug logging on that side too.

/Simon

ForwardSourceID:NT0000424E
and any attachments. Thank you