GnuTLS 2.7.10 - release candidate 2 of GnuTLS 2.8.0

Andreas Metzler ametzler at downhill.at.eu.org
Fri May 15 20:13:27 CEST 2009

On 2009-05-14 Andreas Metzler <ametzler at downhill.at.eu.org> wrote:
> On 2009-05-13 Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org> wrote:
> > The GnuTLS 2.8.0 release is getting closer; no major problem has been
> > feedback in 2.7.9 so far.  This is a second release candidate.  Please
> > test this as if it were the new stable release.  If I don't hear any
> > complains about regressions compared to 2.6.x I will release this as
> > 2.8.0 within two weeks.

> It fails to configure if --disable-cxx is set:
> [...]
> checking for shutdown... (cached) yes
> configure: error: conditional "am__fastdepCXX" was never defined.
> Usually this means the macro was only invoked conditionally.
> configure: error: ./configure failed for lib
> [...]

> cu andreas

This seems to be the culprit:

./lib/configure.ac--------------------
# Finish things from ../configure.ac.
AC_SUBST([WARN_CFLAGS])
AM_CONDITIONAL(ENABLE_CXX, test "$use_cxx" != "no")
if test "$use_cxx" != "no"; then
  AC_PROG_CXX
fi

Running AC_PROG_CXX no matter whether $use_cxx was set makes the error
go away.[1] I have not got a system without C++ compiler, so I
cannot say whether this would break compilation there.

cu andreas

[1] No idea why
AS_IF([test "$use_cxx" != "no"],
  [AC_PROG_CXX])
seems to also run the test unconditionally.

so grateful to you.'