compilation difficulties on Mac

John Ratliff webmaster at technoplaza.net
Mon Jun 29 01:58:04 CEST 2009

For some reason, Mac cannot build the doc folder on gnutls. Because of
this, make install will not proceed. I have been editing the Makefile to
prevent the doc folder from being built, but I wonder if there is a
better solution to this.

I am using the 2009-06-28 daily source release, but this problem affects
all versions (2.8.1, 2.6.x, 2.4.2, and 2.2.5 tested). It manifests on
both Tiger and Leopard.

My configure line

./configure --disable-shared
--with-libgcrypt-prefix=$HOME/unix/libgcrypt --prefix
$HOME/unix/gnutls-20090628

My configure output: http://code.technoplaza.net/temp/gnutls/configure.log
The output of make http://code.technoplaza.net/temp/gnutls/make.log

The library builds fine, and if I edit the Makefile to tell it to ignore
the doc directory, I can use make install and the library works
perfectly. I am presently using this patch
http://code.technoplaza.net/filezilla/gnutls-2.8.patch to adjust the
Makefile.

Any better suggestions?

I mentioned this problem last year on the help-gnutls list but received
no response.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnutls/2008-12/msg00016.html
I also asked this question on the FileZilla forum where they suggested
not to build the docs:
http://forum.filezilla-project.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9417

Thanks,

--John Ratliff