[Help-gnutls] client certificate authentication

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Sun Jan 25 16:30:16 CET 2009

Tristan Hill wrote:
> I have done some more investigation with ssldump:
[...]
> I'm unsure if this is valid behaviour from openssl however.

Thank you. I'm also not sure if this is a valid behavior from us. I
attach a patch, and I'd appreciate if you check and see that it solves
you issue.

The attached patch tries stay on the safe side and don't try to upgrade
the TLS version on a rehandshake. I'm not sure whether this is the right
thing to do, although performing a rehandshake to upgrade the TLS
version seems quite unlikely.