Buildreport for GnuTLS 2.8.3

Tom G. Christensen tgc at jupiterrise.com
Fri Aug 14 16:03:34 CEST 2009

I grabbed GnuTLS 2.8.3 and tried building it on IRIX 5.3 and 6.2.

It builds and passes the testsuite on IRIX 6.2.
However I'm still seeing these during the build:
In file included from ../gnutls_int.h:29,
                 from opencdk.h:30,
                 from main.c:36:
../config.h:367:1: warning: "SIZE_MAX" redefined
In file included from ./../gl/stdlib.h:52,
                 from ./../gl/unistd.h:40,
                 from main.c:30:
./../gl/stdint.h:473:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition

Bruno committed a fix for this to size_max.m4 when it was brought up on
bug-gnulib a few months ago but the copies included in gnutls are
too old and don't have the fix.

It fails to build on IRIX 5.3 due to missing siginterrupt function:
ld: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "siginterrupt" -- 1st referenced by
tests.o.

Since gnulib does not provide a siginterrupt replacement I instead added
the replacement used by bash 4.0 to tests.c:
static int
siginterrupt (sig, flag)
     int sig, flag;
{
  struct sigaction act;

  sigaction (sig, (struct sigaction *)NULL, &act);

  if (flag)
    act.sa_flags &= ~SA_RESTART;
  else
    act.sa_flags |= SA_RESTART;

  return (sigaction (sig, &act, (struct sigaction *)NULL));
}

With that added the build completes and passes the testsuite.

-tgc