OpenBSD 4.4 gnutls-serv IPv6 Only Bug

Joe Orton joe at manyfish.co.uk
Thu Apr 30 15:59:14 CEST 2009

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 07:47:36PM +0200, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> I'm not sure what you mean with v6-mapped IPv4 addresses, though.  Is
> there anything extra the code needs to do?

I meant v4-mapped IPv6 addresses, not sure the inverse exists ;) You get
different behaviour on different platforms w.r.t. attempts to bind to
::/port and 0.0.0.0/port for a given port, depending on whether
v4-mapped IPv6 addresses are supported, and which order you attempt the
binds, etc.  For a test app it's probably sufficient to simply ignore
bind() errors and hope for the best.

joe