some crashes on using DSA keys

Miroslav Kratochvil exa.exa at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 16:05:33 CEST 2009

> Hi.  Thanks for the report.  Is it possible to trigger this remotely?

I'm just giving it some research; exploiting this would allow eeeasy
remote DoS attack.
The side that was crashing was always the connecting side, but I guess
that given fixed client (which I'm gonna test in a few minutes) the
server would have at least some problems too. Only thing needed is to
trigger that GNUTLS_E_PK_SIG_VERIFY_FAILED from
_wrap_gcry_pk_verify().

I'm not really good in investigating this kind of stuff, but I will
try to do my best ;)

> Any more details you have would be useful, for example, what exactly do
> you mean with "use DSA keys in combination with some RSA"?

Triggered only by using DSA CA keypair (selfsigned) that was used for
signing DSA keypair. My problem is that I probably generated them
totally wrong, and therefore triggered that hidden error. (see
help-gnutls mailinglist where I'm gathering help with the original
issue :D)

best regards,
Mirek Kratochvil

PS. I responded to Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos	 in roughly the same
spirit, but forgot to add gnutls-devel to Cc. Sorry if it caused any
trouble.