Which license is libtasn1-config?

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Wed Oct 8 15:13:38 CEST 2008

Jeff Cai <Jeff.Cai at Sun.COM> writes:

> Simon Josefsson wrote:
>>

>> I changed the license from GPLv2+ to GPLv3+ on those parts that used
>> GPLv2+ before.
>>
> Could you confirm that you DID NOT changed libtasn1-config to GPLv3+?

Yes.  I only changed the text in files that said GPLv2+ to GPLv3+.
libtasn1-config wasn't one of those files.

> If so, I think it is still the original license (LGPLv2 or GPLv2),
> right?

Yes, although the license for a file without a clear header seems
unclear.

So either we should:

1) Remove libtasn1-config and libtasn1.m4, or

2) Clarify the license on those files.

I'll wait a few days for other feedback, otherwise I'll go with 1).