Patch to improve behaviour in gnutls_x509_crl_set_version() when `char' is unsigned

Laurence Withers l at lwithers.me.uk
Mon May 26 13:30:23 CEST 2008

On Monday 26 May 2008, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> Was this the lib/*_tab.c files?  This has been fixed in the 2.3.x
> series.  Btw, you may want to try 2.3.x instead since it has been
> improved and cleaned up in many ways.  Only the openpgp stuff is
> somewhat unstable, the rest is assumed to work perfectly.

pkix_asn1_tab.c:7: warning: `pkix_asn1_tab' initialized and declared `extern'
gnutls_asn1_tab.c:7: warning: `gnutls_asn1_tab' initialized and declared
`extern'

I shall try the 2.3 series soon.

> > I simply used -Os -g for cflags, there were no warning flags in there.
>
> What exact warning did you get?  I'll see if I can trigger the same
> warning.  Possibly it is only emitted in your particular environment.

crl_write.c: In function `gnutls_x509_crl_set_version':
crl_write.c:72: warning: comparison is always false due to limited range of
data type

I suspect it is emitted only in my environment, which is a gcc 3.4.5
crosscompiler for arm-softfloat-linux-gnu.

Bye for now,
Laurence Withers, <l at lwithers.me.uk>  --  jabber:l at jabber.lwithers.me.uk
http://www.lwithers.me.uk/                             tel:+447753988197