basics for cryptodev support

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Wed Mar 19 13:49:58 CET 2008

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <nmav at gnutls.org> writes:

> I'm working slowly into adding some support for hw crypto
> devices. Currently the easiest way to achieve this is by using the
> kernel crypto hw support (in linux there is already support for via
> and geode aes implementations and there is also ocf-linux[0] which
> provides more hw).

Cool!

> For this reason I added an API to register ciphers and macs

Will this API be stable?  I'd like to push out a stable 2.4.0 in a few
weeks.  If there is any risk that this API will change during 2.5.x, I
think we should revert this change and add it for the next development
cycle instead.

>(rnd + pki will follow on my next burst).

When I migrated the code to use gnulib for low-level crypto, I gave up
on mpi stuff, since it was rather libgcrypt-specific right now.
Finishing this would be really great.

/Simon