gnutls guile self checks fail: fport_fill_input

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Fri Mar 7 11:47:23 CET 2008

Hi Simon,

First of all, sorry for not being more involved...

Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org> writes:

> jas at mocca:~/src/gnutls/guile/tests$ make check
> make  check-TESTS
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/jas/src/gnutls/guile/tests'
> ERROR: In procedure fport_fill_input:
> ERROR: Is a directory
> FAIL: anonymous-auth.scm

I can't reproduce the problem here with a copy of `master'.  Does
`openpgp-auth.scm' (or other tests) fail similarly?  What platform is
this on?

> I couldn't find these error message inside gnutls, so they could be
> guile bugs, but I suspect you know better than me how to debug this.
>
> Strace shows something that may be related: it seems to open / but fails
> because it is a directory.

That seems to be the problem here: a Guile input port has been created
for `/' and is being read from, which fails.  I can't find why this
happens.

Can you show the value of `$GUILE_LOAD_PATH' and all the `-L' switches
passed to `guile' (see `guile/pre-inst-guile' and `TESTS_ENVIRONMENT' in
`guile/tests/Makefile.am')?

Can you also send me the whole `strace' output, if possible?

Thanks,
Ludovic.