openpgp fingerprints for subkeys

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Mon Jun 16 21:36:03 CEST 2008

Daniel Kahn Gillmor <dkg-debian.org at fifthhorseman.net> writes:

> On Mon 2008-06-16 09:41:06 -0400, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 11:55 AM, Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Is it easy to implement this?  I think we could squeeze this
>>> addition into 2.4.0 if you or Nikos come up with a patch soon.
>>
>> Could be easy but please do not delay the 2.4.0 for this. The
>> merging of development with my branch is already very difficult!
>> Such a function can be easily implemented at any point (currently
>> I'm not home so I cannot provide a quick patch).
>
> Attached, please find a patch to provide this functionality.  I've
> tested it locally against private keys and certificates, and it seems
> to work.  I still don't understand the test infrastructure, though, so
> i haven't added a test, unfortunately.
>
> Feedback on the patch is welcome.  I'm afraid it's a bit of a
> cargo-cult patch (a fair bit of copy/paste from similar functions),
> and it further aggravates the other concern i wrote about having too
> many duplicate OpenPGP functions.  But it produces the correct
> fingerprints for me.

It looks small and harmless.  I think we should add it before v2.4.0.
Have you signed copyright papers with FSF?  My fencepost.gnu.org account
doesn't seem to work so I can't check it...  A copyright transfer is
required to use your work.  If not I can send you the forms offline.  If
you agree to sign them, I don't think we need to hold up the release
before the FSF has received your papers.