Disabling LZO by default? And removing minilzo copy.

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Sun Jan 6 16:06:15 CET 2008

I know this has been discussed before, but would anyone object if we
disable LZO compression for the next stable series (e.g., in the current
devel branch)?

I think the simplest would be to let the gnutls code for lzo compression
stay around, but you would have to install liblzo manually (and worry
about the license issue [1]), and also specify --with-lzo explicitly, in
order to use it.

Thoughts?  If there is no response in a week or so I'll do it.

/Simon

[1] the liblzo author has promised an updated GPLv3 compatible release