Interoperability issue with The Bat (Debian Bug #316522)

Marc Haber mh+gnutls-devel at zugschlus.de
Fri Jan 4 21:16:36 CET 2008

On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 08:29:25PM +0100, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> However, if I start gnutls-serv with --disable-client-cert I get the
> debug log [2] which is a successful TLS handshake!

Interesting.

> Even though the TLS handshake is successful TheBat doesn't send the
> e-mail though, and I don't know why, it may be because it expects CRLF
> and I only sent LF.

gnutls-serv is an echo server and will echo everything the client says
back to the client. You cannot type on a gnutls-serv's stdin and
expect it to sent what you type back to the client.

Been there, fallen into this particular pit as well.

Greetings
Marc

Nordisch by Nature |  How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 3221 2323190