(ITS#5361) cert verification failures with GnuTLS and DNS subjectAltName

Howard Chu hyc at symas.com
Fri Feb 15 20:05:50 CET 2008

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
> Indeed I'll try to improve this patch to work only for formats known
> to be text.

The code was perfectly correct before this patch. Why do you want to change
anything here at all? I looked in the gnutls-devel archives and couldn't find
any discussion of this change. It would be nice to understand what you're
trying to accomplish here, given that there are large bodies of code already
written that expect the existing behavior of GnuTLS 2.1.7 and older.

--
   -- Howard Chu