more on read_s2k() for GnuTLS 2.4.1 (including "GNU dummy S2K")

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg-debian.org at fifthhorseman.net
Tue Aug 19 16:39:05 CEST 2008

On Tue 2008-08-19 06:02:04 -0400, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:

> It's better to add new features to the development branch. Thus we'll
> have more time for testing and experimentation (also API-wise).

I don't think this causes any change in the API; it only changes
what's recognizable as a private key.  I supposed it's a slight change
in the semantics of gnutls_openpgp_privkey_import() in that it can
sometimes return encrypted keys whose private material are
inaccessible.  But i don't see any documentation that suggests that
this was an impossibility before anyway.

> It looks nice. Expect me to apply it soon (later today or tomorrow).

Sweet, thanks!

       --dkg