Camellia block cipher don't work on current developers' releases 2.3.x.

Yoshisato YANAGISAWA yanagisawa at csg.is.titech.ac.jp
Tue Apr 29 11:19:05 CEST 2008

Hello,

I noticed two problems that prevent camellia block cipher working.
One problem is that it becomes invalid cipher even with camellia-enabled
gnutls.  To repeat the problem, just you execute gnutls-cli with:
% gnutls-cli --ciphers camellia -p 5556 test.gnutls.org
You will see following error:
| *** Fatal error: GnuTLS internal error.
| *** Handshake has failed
| GNUTLS ERROR: GnuTLS internal error.
It is cauesd by a bug in lgl/gc-libgcrypt.c.

I put the patch to fix the problem:
https://savannah.gnu.org/support/index.php?106314

The other problem is that camellia block cipher is disabled by configure
script even if the user using libgcrypt with camellia block cipher and
configured with --enable-camellia option.  You can repeat the problem by
installing libgcrypt to no default directory such as /tmp/test, and then
pointing the directory with --with-libgcrypt-prefix=/tmp/test as option
of the configure script.

I found the workaround to avoid the problem.  It is just set
CFLAGS="`/tmp/test/bin/libgcrypt-config --cflags`" before executing
configure script.
However, is this right way to avoid the problem?  I suppose that this
kind of CFLAGS settings should be done inside configure script.

Sincerely,
Yoshisato Yanagisawa.

--
Yoshisato Yanagisawa (Dr.Sc.) <yanagisawa at csg.is.titech.ac.jp>