[gnutls-dev] Time-based release schedule and GnuTLS v2.2 plans

Andrew W. Nosenko andrew.w.nosenko at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 12:30:12 CEST 2007

On 9/19/07, Yoshisato YANAGISAWA <yanagisawa at csg.is.titech.ac.jp> wrote:
> OK, I will change the script to disable camellia when the result of
> "libgcrypt --algorithms" don't have camellia.  Code in configure script
> will be:
>
>      if test "`$LIBGCRYPT_CONFIG --algorithms | grep -i camellia`"; then
>         CFLAGS += -DUSE_CAMELLIA
>      else
>         echo "$as_me: WARNING: camellia feature disabled" >& 2
>      fi

Please, use
    AC_MSG_WARN([camellia feature disabled])
or some another AC_MSG_*() macro at your taste instead of direct "echo".
"echo" doesn't handle possible descriptor's redirection in 'configure'
and doesn't duplicate message to the 'config.log'.

Second: why warning at all and not something like
    AC_MSG_CHECKING([for camelia support in libgcrypt])
    # ... actual tests here ...
    # following assumes that result stored in the shell variable
    # 'is_camelia_present' in the form 'yes' or 'no'.
    if test x$is_camelia_present = xyes
    then
        AC_MSG_RESULT([yes])
        # ... and some additional acrtions if you want
    else
        AC_MSG_RESULT([no])

--
Andrew W. Nosenko <andrew.w.nosenko at gmail.com>