[gnutls-dev] GnuTLS 2.0.0

Ludovic Courtès ludovic.courtes at laas.fr
Mon Sep 10 09:48:22 CEST 2007

Hi,

Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org> writes:

> ludovic.courtes at laas.fr (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

>> "make check" was failing on `x509-certificates.scm' because
>> `x509-certificate-dn-oid' was returning a bogus string.  The issue is
>> that Guile bindings were assuming that `gnutls_x509_crt_get_dn_oid ()'
>> returned a null-terminated string, which is apparently not the case (we
>> should improve the documentation in that respect).
>>
>> I'm surprised we did not catch it earlier, though.
>
> Me too, and I can't reproduce it.  Perhaps this problem is related to
> the -rpath vs libguile in /usr/local/lib discussion that probably never
> were solved?  Which libgnutls.so are your libguile-gnutls libraries
> linking to?

No, it's an actual bug, observed on PowerPC (and the RPATH problem _was_
solved AFAICS).

Is `gnutls_x509_crt_get_dn_oid ()' supposed to return a null-terminated
string?  The documentation doesn't mention it and it seems that it's not
returning a null-terminated string.

In any case, using `scm_take_locale_stringn ()' instead of just
`scm_take_locale_string ()' can't hurt.

Thanks,
Ludovic.