[gnutls-dev] Consider 2.1.6 a release candidate for 2.2!

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Thu Nov 29 12:25:38 CET 2007

Andreas Metzler <ametzler at downhill.at.eu.org> writes:

> On 2007-11-28 Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org> wrote:
>> Andreas Metzler <ametzler at downhill.at.eu.org> writes:
> [...]
>> > It will probably not get a lot of testing there, but we'll see at
>> > least whether autobuilding works.
>
>> The buildd link doesn't seem too encouraging... or am I missing
>> something?
> [...]
>
> It is not a GnuTLS error but a limitation of how autobuilding
> experimental (does not) work.
>
> libgcrypt11 (1.2.4) is part of the base system. The new GnuTLS
> requires 1.3.x, but the autobuilders will not upgrade a pre-existing
> package.

Ah, I see.  If we wait for libgcrypt to become stable (which was only a
few weeks away if I understand correctly), will it be uploaded into
debian relatively quickly, and installed on the builds, to allow the
gnutls build to come through?

It seems clear that we won't be able to release on 1 Dec, while there
are no major outstanding bugs, the unreleased trunk contains new stuff
that needs to be tested.  So we could aim for Dec 15 or something
instead, which might give us time to wait for the buildd's to test it.