[gnutls-dev] Lack of documented standard for exporting DSA priv_keys in PKCS8 format??

David Marín Carreño davefx at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 11:17:54 CET 2007

Hi all.

I'm currently developing gnoMint[1], a program for graphically managing
a CA.

I've just realized that DSA private keys cannot be exported to PKCS8
format, "since there is no documented standard for other keys" than RSA,
according to the manual page.

However, in PKCS11 document[2], in page 248 (section 12.6), it is said
how to wrap and unwrap, among others, DSA private keys, in PKCS#8’s
PrivateKeyInfo ASN.1 type.

I don't know if this can be considered a "documented standard", but I
think it is.

[1] http://gnomint.sf.net
[2] ftp://ftp.rsasecurity.com/pub/pkcs/pkcs-11/v2-20/pkcs-11v2-20a3.pdf

Greetings.

--
David Marín Carreño <davefx at gmail.com>