[gnutls-dev] Work in progress: GnuTLS 2.2 release notes on API changes

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Sat Nov 17 15:33:21 CET 2007

On Thursday 15 November 2007, Simon Josefsson wrote:

> I think it would be better if we had a function like:
>
>   int gnutls_set_priority (gnutls_session_t session,
>                            const char *priority);

I just remembered that there was a reason this priority function was kept
simple from the begging (integers only). This function is called per session,
thus having a parsing routing like this would add some overhead... This could
be insignificant compared to RSA/DH etc, but still in a busy server it might
become significant.

What I had thought then was to make this parsing routine output the result
in a gnutls_priority_st structure and then associate this struction with every
session. If found that solution complex then...